It is important to follow a number of rules in the container loading so that a cargo reaches its destination safe. First, you need to prepare a block itself and pack the goods securely, and only after that you can start loading and assembling the products.
How are loading operations carried out?
Many different types of cargo pass through the terminal of P&B Terminal, including bulky, fragile, loose, perishable and others. We provide fast loading of a container of any size due to the availability of all the necessary unloading and loading machinery. Our specialists will draw up the cargo layout inside a container and make sure that the goods are securely and firmly fixed. Product shifting during transport is unacceptable.
The lifting capacity of our machinery is 40 tons; therefore, we can manage 20-, 40- or even 80-foot containers. There is a special loader, unique for Latvia, capable of transporting up to 16 tons at a time. Some products (fragile and piece) shall be loaded manually only in order to avoid all sorts of troubles. You can completely trust our specialists, who know perfectly how to handle this or that cargo in the course of many years of work.
Rules for goods layout in a container
There are a number of requirements that are put forward for the loading of goods:
- a cargo should be placed so that there is no displacement from the centre of the block across the length and width;
- one half of a container should not account for more than 60% of the total mass of the product;
- rigid fixation of goods with nails and staples is prohibited – only chains, boundary shields, stop bars, partitions, intermediate flooring are allowed;
- the heavy cargo is placed in the centre on the floor of a container;
- products should not squeeze out the doors and generally come into contact with them.
Loading of a cargo into a container also provides for compliance with a load of 1 sq. cm and the permissible weight of one package. If we load products of different shapes, we pack them properly and secure them separately. During the use of special machinery, our employees make sure that the load from one wheel with a load does not exceed 2,785 kg per one centimetre.