The optimal solution for transportation of a small consignment of goods (or cargo, whereof dimensions are much smaller than dimensions of the vehicle) is to combine with other companies to form a consolidated cargo. It is transported on one vehicle in order to minimize the costs of a carrier and, as a result, a customer.
A consolidated cargo should be properly prepared for transportation. High-quality work requires specialists, special machinery, equipment and extensive storage areas. In addition, the execution of accompanying documentation for a consolidated cargo requires certain knowledge that not all specialists have.
Our employees categorize, mark and complete consolidated cargoes promptly for better safety of goods during storage and delivery, as well as facilitation of unloading operations at consignees.
What does consolidated cargo handling includes?
Consolidated cargo handling may include the following operations:
- transfer of goods from one type of transport to another;
- optimal placement of oversized cargo;
- consolidating the cargo in accordance with the wishes of a consignor and a consignee;
- exclusion of incompatible goods from a consolidated consignment;
- handling operations;
- making the optimal route to a destination address;
- qarehousing of cargoes and goods;
- packing and securing operations;
- measurement of weight and volume of a cargo;
- processing documents, labelling, sealing.
P&B Terminal logistics specialists determine the optimal scope of work for each case, which allows fulfilling the orders of the terminal’s customers without delay. If a cargo is accepted for long-term storage, a thorough stocktaking is made.
Advantages of the service
P&B Terminal offers complex logistics services. Synergy in the use of several of our products is a guarantee of fast and high-quality delivery of goods. We can arrange delivery by a specific time with extended loading and unloading time.